[mythtv-users] Black screen(or green) the first time, kill mythbackend , then ok

Carlos Cordero ccstx at charter.net
Fri Feb 27 15:51:10 EST 2004

Something is wrong with my system.

Everything was working beautifully.

Now, the when I try to see live tv I just get a black screen.  I have to
press esc several times to go back to the frontend.   If I try to watch a
previous recording it works fine though.

The only solution I have found is to kill mythbackend and run it again.

I tried something different today.    I ran xawtv and changed the channel to
3 (it was in a channel without signal).  I went to mythtv and this time I am
able to watch the last channel I watched in xawtv but I can't hear any sound
and I can't change the channel either.

Solution? I killed mythbackend , ran it again, everything is back to normal.

This happens every time I reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks

C.