[mythtv-users] Pvr350 TV-OUT decoder

Benjamin James VanderSluis vand0541 at me.umn.edu
Fri Feb 27 14:37:25 EST 2004

Hey everybody,
I am having a little bit of trouble with tv-out on the hauppage pvr-350.

Here's what I am using.
KnoppMyth R4v2:
  ivtv 0.1.9
  MythTV 0.14

I followed the HOWTO and am successfully running X on the television. When
not using the Hauppage decoder TV comes up fine, but is, as expected, slow
and jerky. When the "Use pvr-350's tv-out/mpeg decoder" box is checked, the
screen simply goes black. From all I can tell via ssh, everything appears to
be working fine. Just no picture.

I am able to send things directly to the tv via the command line with something
like dd or cat, as described in the HOWTO.

So my questions are:

        1) How does Myth handle video?  Is the X-video stream totally
           independent of the TV-video stream?

        2) What exactly does checking the "Use pvr-350's tv-out/mpeg decoder"
           box do?

        3) Could I send the TV-video to a TV-display and send the X-video
           to a computer-display?  Discussions of the pros and cons of this
           would be welcome.

        4) Most importantly ... Do you have any ideas that might help
           me get X and TV (using the 350's decoder) working?  Everything
           seems to be in place and the hardware works.  I just can't
           "Watch TV" from Myth :-(

Here is the HOWTO I followed:
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-print.php?page=TvOutHowto

Here is my XF86Config-4