[mythtv-users] (Somewhat OT) EPIA Xv output too bright?

Mark Crutch markc at qsiuk.com
Fri Feb 27 07:17:42 EST 2004

> I'm trying to get my new EPIA M10000 board into decent working order.
> I'm having a problem with the Xv output being artificially bright, and
> the regular Xv controls have no effect. My FC1 + Custom Kernel setup is
> unwatchably bright, while using Minimyth 0.4beta is merely annoyingly
> bright. Some more details in my post at viaarena.com here:

This sounds similar to a problem I had with an Epia M10K TV-out. In my case the washed out effect was present in X, not just through Xv output, and also had a slightly red tinge, making white appear as pink.

I solved this by using older drivers. I can't remember which ones exactly, but ISTR that I used the clexf...37 drivers rather than the ...38 to get it to work. Regardless of numbers, try switching to an older version.

Mark