[mythtv-users] Multiple instances of lirc (serial/Hauppauge)

Nick Kaijaks nick at kaijaks.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 07:04:11 EST 2004

Dan Berger wrote:

>>I'm trying to set up lirc for use with mythtv for two
>>different devices; a homebrew serial port transmitter to
>>change channels and the Hauppauge PVR-350 receiver, which I've
>> >already had working. At the moment, I'd prefer not to rewire > Check
out Robert Wamble's howto:

> http://members.cox.net/rwraithr/IRBlaster_Howto.txt

Excellent!

I spent around 3 1/2 hours the other night trawling google links for
something like this, and failed completely to find something that
worked. I found the postings referred to in the HOWTO (by Sriram and
Mike), and tried Gary's shell scripts to do the renaming as well, but
still couldn't get it to make without error. At a glance, the shell
script in this HOWTO looks more bombproof, so I feel much more
confident!

Thanks ever so much, Dan!

Best,
Nick