[mythtv-users] Couldn't read data from capture card.....

MaulEsel MaulEsel at Hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:26:54 EST 2004

Hallo,

I'm trying to install MythTV on a Client/Server environment.

Client: EPIA-M1000 with RedHat 9.0 running the frontend
Server: an old board with AMD K-6 450MHz (CobaltQube) and WinTV PVR 250 for the backend

Installation went well and everything seems to be ok, Processor seems to be fast
enough, because I only have 10% CPU with LiveTV.

The problem I have is that after a while I get the following exception on my backend:

Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds. Game over, man.

Does anybody know this problem? Is this a hardware issue? Maybe an interrupt problem?

Would really appreciate your help....

thanks in advance,

Michael