[mythtv-users] Not auto-deleting after transcoding?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Feb 26 14:05:45 EST 2004

	Thanks... I did find it there, although it's a bit obfuscated.  It
seems to make more sense to have it in the Transcode "recording profile," but
I know people have a lot of other fish to fry.  Also, am I right in thinking
the CVS (and hopefully 0.15 once released) will have MPEG2->MPEG2 (direct
GOPChopping) transcoding?  I thought I heard rumors that was in the works.

-Cory

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Steven Cruysberghs wrote:

> Not deleting transcoded files is an option that can be set in the main
> mythtvsetup program.
>
> Op do 26-02-2004, om 17:55 schreef papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu:
> > 	Although it might be obvious how to do this, it hasn't been to me.  I
> > would like to have the option of *not* deleting the original recording once
> > transcoding has finished.  Is there any way to do this without manually making
> > a backup copy from the command line?  It seems like an obvious thing to want to
> > do to check out different quality settings, master to different formats (DVD,
> > SVCD, MPEG4), etc.
> >
> > 	Thoughts?  Another thought is why there's a "Transcode after recording"
> > option in the "Transcoders" settings.  I'm guessing it's an artifact of being
> > derived from a "V4L" or "PVR" recording profile?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*