[mythtv-users] HowTo use ALSA natively in MythTV

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Thu Feb 26 10:38:03 EST 2004

Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> Maybe I am missing something obvious, but I followed Jarod's guide to
> install MythTV including ALSA.
>
> But mythfrontend write to the shell that it is using the OSS emulation.
>
> Do I have to configure something for native ALSA inside MythTV?

You specify the output device using alsa:// something... I don't recall
but it's in the list archives.

However, stick with the Alsa OSS support... you likely won't be happy
with truly native Alsa.  Mine echoed over and over and over and over...

I understand most people have problems with it.  Since the OSS works so
well though, I personally didn't see a reason to change.

-Tony