[mythtv-users] Hardware MPEG4 encoder: Plextor ConvertX PXM402U

Adam Biskobing tv at badmoon.com
Thu Feb 26 09:16:20 EST 2004

Looks interesting, not having a tuner will hurt adoption though, but for
those of us using an external tuner, it would be nice to encode in mpeg4

http://www.plextor.com/english/products/ConvertX2.htm

Alas, it's an external device, and has no tuner, but may still be of
interest to some.

Here's a thread on the DivX forums where the marketing director for the
product seems to be active. Given that it's a new product he's trying to
get as broadly adopted as possible, I'm sure someone with driver
development credibility could get a couple of NFR units from him to hack
a linux driver.

-Eric