[mythtv-users] MythWeb scheduling question

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Feb 26 08:46:02 EST 2004

HI!

steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
>>If this does is not possible, it makes IMHO no sense to schedule
>>recordings in MythWeb, because most of the time the shows do not start
>>sharp.
>
> If you have problems with most shows not starting on time then use the
> global pre/postroll options in the frontend which apply to all recordings

OK, but:
- this is max. 10 minutes
- is global (sometimes 5 is enough, sometimes you need 20)

> (and in the event that there are 2 shows back to back it'll skip doing the
> preroll or postroll so it can record both automatically)

This makes only sense, if it's on the same channel.

But I remember testing this out once and there were 2 shows back to
back, but in different channels. In this case, the conflict screen said,
they would be both recorded with encoder1, what not was, what I wanted.
And so I disabled that global option.

Thomas