[mythtv-users] frontend cpu load?

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu Feb 26 04:12:23 EST 2004

> Van: cvertesi at indiana.edu
>
> So, I just happen to have a little laptop kicking around my apartment,
but it
> doesn't have much in the way of brains (K6/2 366, 128mb RAM).  About how
much
> power does it take to run mythfrontend reasonably?  Could I conceivably
put
> this laptop to good use?

Well, I have an EPIA 800 here, which should have pretty similar
performance. Tried to setup a frontend yesterday with Gentoo (err, yeah so
I started the day before..) and it seems to run well, as root with 45% CPU
usage. I encode PAL TV @ 608x576 @ 2000kbits/s (scaled).

Running it as normal user gives hickups though. Need to test some more.

	Henk Poley <><