[mythtv-users] scheduled recordings (Black Output)

gkanis at cems.umn.edu gkanis at cems.umn.edu
Wed Feb 25 22:24:13 EST 2004

What does dmesg say?
Do you see something like this
bttv0: skipped frame. no signal? high irq latency?
[main=1f0ab000,o_vbi=a785000,o_field=1f0ab020,rc=a78501c]

I do not have these very often, but when ever I have them the quality is not
good.
One other thing that you need to pay attention to is the CPU. How much CPU
does it take? Again, there are cases where it takes about 80% and the quality
is really bad (dark picture).

No idea why this is happening. It could be because of the bttv driver or
because of a bug.

Vasilis