[mythtv-users] 350 for video playback

Blues Guy bluesguy at stny.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 18:39:18 EST 2004

Scott Francis wrote:

>I thought EPG was "Electronic Program Guide", does this patch help the MythVideo/MythDVD skipping also?  If so then I'll have to try this out myself as I'd love to get the DVD in a workable state thru my PVR350
>
>Scott

One (of the many) problems reported in the previous post were the EPG
not working and truncated / incomplete recordings which are fixed by
Matthias' X driver and Chris ivtv patches respectively.

As far as DVD playback, if you haven't already, you can try one of the
Mplayer patches (search the archive for the mpegpes patch or the
ivtv:/dev/video16 patch).

When you talk about MythVideo are you referring to playing Divx or Mpeg4
files being choppy?  If so, there's no fix for that (yet) but once Kevin
rolls up these patches (and the VBI patches) into ivtv 1.10 (which he's
close to doing according to the talk on the ivtv-devel list), I'm sure
they'll start working on other issues.  One of the goals is to get YUV
support working which will solve MythGame and MythVideo performance
problems, but probably won't get solved until ivtv 2.x which is months
away....

Greg