[mythtv-users] Audio doesn't switch when switching inputs (on M-179)

Kristo Kriechbaum klk+myth at robotics.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 25 13:05:11 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:34:17AM -0500, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> Need a little help here...
>
> Now I have my M-179s installed, and am attempting to set up my VCR on
> the SVideo input of the first one.  Same problem -- when I switch
> inputs, I get video from the VCR (SVideo) and audio from the tuner
> (Tuner0).  And yes, before you ask, I do have the audio out from my VCR
> plugged into the M-179's line-in.  It appears the problem was never
> with my card, but with my configuration.  Can anyone shed any light on
> this?

I don't have a solution, but I have the same problem that you do - my
audio always seems to come from the tuner input.  I can get video from
the Composite and the SVideo, but the audio always comes from the
tuner input.  And I also have the M-179's line in hooked up properly.
I figured it was a driver issue, and I was just going to wait until a
newer release of the ivtv drivers.

I also can only get black and white from the SVideo in, but that's a
different story...

Kristo