[mythtv-users] Epia-M10K (Nehemiah) software mpeg2 decoderperformance

Mikhail D'Vane mikhaildvane at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 11:17:16 EST 2004

Thanks for the tips, Ivor.  As luck would have it, my friend is going out
of town for a few days and he's going to let me borrow his system.  As
far as I remember, everything about our systems is identical with the
possible exception of the RAM module.  The bios settings do deserve
a second check, also.

Also, thanks so much for your great work on reverse engineering
libddmpeg.so.  In the long run, I really would like to use the hardware
decoding, but I'm not so sure that any feedback I could provide would
be all that useful.  Right now, I keep switching between your 1.5
release, 1.6 release, and via's version provided in 40038.  All of them
work well right when I begin watching video - it's after the long runs
(overnight) that I usually find something has gone wrong.  I'll try to
be more methodical in my use of the different versions and provide
feedback on any consistent (version specific) problems I find.

Mik