[mythtv-users] Using the remote to turn screen back on (after screen blanking)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Feb 25 03:09:21 EST 2004

On Feb 24, 2004, at 23:18, Bill Chmura wrote:

> Is there a way that I can use the remote to bring my monitor back on
> after
> screenblanking has kicked in?   I've searched around and there are
> lots of
> posts about turning off during playing a movie or disabling, none that
> found addressed this.
>
> I have a monitor under the tv that I use for myth screens, while mpg
> output
> goes directly to the tv.  So I DO want the screen to blank after a
> while, but
> I would like it to count lircd activity the same as rapping the
> keyboard or
> something.  This way I would still have the nice powersaving of the
> blanking,
> but not have to go hit a keyboard to bring up a menu.
>
> Any pointers or ideas, even conceptual would be great

Have irexec running, then drop this in lircrc:

begin
prog = irexec
button = OFF
repeat = 2
config = xset dpms force standby
config = xset dpms force on; xset -dpms s off
end

Haven't tried it myself, but someone sent me that a while back and your
query reminded me of it...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...