[mythtv-users] mythtv, lirc and

dan dan at milkcarton.com
Tue Feb 24 16:00:41 EST 2004

Lance, what you want to do for the keys you've moved from another definition
is use irrecord to record a new remote.  When recording this "new" remote,
ONLY press the keys that were mapped. Ex: If you've mapped "up, down, left,
right, select" from say a "dvd" to your "tv" profile, and you've mapped
say "pause, rewind,fforward, stop, play" from "vcr" to your "tv" profile so
the following:  First, record the TV only buttons, then record a new remote,
and push the mapped DVD buttons, repeat for the VCR buttons.

Then, take the config thats recorded, append that to your /etc/lirc.conf file
and restart lircd

-dan

>Lance Tost (ltost at pobox.com) wrote:
>
>My question is, my remote allows me to "move keys" from other
modes/definitions... so I can basically program these unused keys in pvr
mode to a code from another key in another mode.  I've done this but I
cannot figure out how to use them.  irrecord just keeps telling me
"Something went wrong, try again".  Do the keys that I move to my pvr mode
need to come from a definition that is similary to the tivo defintion (by
definition, I mean the values for bits, flags, eps, header, etc)?  Or