[mythtv-users] Sync'd MythMusic

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Feb 24 14:55:13 EST 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 13:16, Adam Biskobing wrote:
> Mfd looks intersting, any idea how far along the code base on this
> is?

	It's moving along.

> > Thor is working actively on MFD which will do all this I
> > believe using DAAP.

	Mfd will let any frontend control what audio is being played on any
other frontend (plus a whole bunch of other stuff), but it will _not_
sync one stream across a bunch of frontends.

	Even if you could set up a cast/stream server and get the buffer
timings all to agree, the soundcard crystals would prevent things from
staying in sync for very long. If you want the exact the same audio
running in lots of different places at the exact same time, runs lots
of speaker wire  :-)

- thor