[mythtv-users] HDTV & The WB

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Feb 24 11:07:06 EST 2004

Jack R Hyde wrote:
> The  one big problem that i can't solve that i have left is that i can't
> record the WB here south of LA. That's channel 31 digital, 5 normal. I
> can tune to the station with dtvsignal and play it using mplayer or xine
> perfectly fine, but mythtv will not play it live or even record it.

There are a couple of things that can prevent the hdtv code from
recording any data.  We could be mis-detecting what PIDs to record for
this particular station, or we might not be seeing GOP or picture_start
markers.  Or something else is unusual about your stream.  If you are up
to it, pull down CVS and debug; the faulty code is almost certainly in
hdtvrecorder.cpp.

Alternatively, if you can somehow make a minute or so's worth of this
station available for download (using getatsc), maybe one of the
developers will find the time to debug this for you.  But think of the
sense of accomplishment from having debugged it yourself :-)

Note that I can record WB just fine in Boston, so it's something unique
to your local station.

-Doug