Codec discussion-Idea [mythtv-users] Leadtek WinFast TV 2000

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Tue Feb 24 05:35:51 EST 2004

> What does the quality look like?
> So far, I have seen wonderful pictures of actual systems that were
> built, but one thing
> is always lacking: actual video clip samples from various boards.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I'm missing one thing: how do you do the video clip
of what your system actually _outputs_ ?
Will you put a camera in front of your monitor/TV/projector wall/whatever
and record the movie?
Then digitize the tape and make the video clip?
I believe this would degrading the video quality (not to mention
multi-channel audio), and even if your camera could record
both audio and video at the same quality that my system outputs,
will other people be able to play it at the same quality?

I mean, if one has a system which quality is better than mine,
then he can play the movie and know that my system is worse;
however, if one has a system worse than mine, he won't be able
to play the movie at a quality better than his system allows,
so he will never know my system is better :-)

Please correct me if I have misunderstood something.

> If at least 5 people say they would
> submit a clip and hardware specs with inputs

_WHEN_ my system will be completed I'll be glad to
post pictures, clips, and whatever will be found useful,
as a little contribute to this mailing list and to all
people who helped me with their suggstions (thanks again).

But you have to explain me how do I do the clip! :-)

Franco