[mythtv-users] ivtv / pvr250 MCE problem...

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Tue Feb 24 00:19:04 EST 2004

Gabe Knuth wrote:

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've read, both here and on ivtv's archive, that the firmware is the
>>same for each of these (and the 350). My guess, though, is that I need
>>to use a different rev of the firmware for this card for whatever
>>reason. When I follow the link from Jarod's site, all that exist are
>>.exe files. How can I use those exe files for my card? The firmware
>>downloaded from atrpms is an .rpm file. I'm hoping someone can run
>>through the steps for me, since I'm still relatively green.
>>

>http://ivtv.sourceforge.net

The src. rpm rebuild process takes the firmware out of one of the exe
files and creates an rpm that you can use to install the fireware.
You might have to rename the exe file to what the rpm build process
expects.  Or read the ivtv list archive to see how to manually extract
the firmware

That said - they really do use the same firmware.  I have used both
cards with the same fireware and they both work fine.

So I really suspect that it is not the firmware that is causing your
problem.