[mythtv-users] myth reporting tool

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Sun Feb 22 16:55:12 EST 2004

Hi All,

I've got a command line utility I wrote for myth, that is pretty simple, but
if anyone wants it they can have it....

I don't watch much tv, but have a lot of "tape anytime" settings in myth so I
never know whats going to be recorded.  This utility I have run via cron jobs
and it emails me what has been recorded once a day.  That way I know whats in
there without checking (I have a PVR350 that seems to not like OSD much, so I
use it more as a VCR than full time tv watching)

Looks like this when you get it:

Castle Keep
[ 02/19/2004 ]    Castle Keep
....................A one-eyed Army major occupies a count's castle.

Cowboy Bebop
[ 02/12/2004 ]   Wild Horses
[ 02/13/2004 ]   Pierrot Le Fou
[ 02/16/2004 ]   Boogie-Woogie Feng Shui
[ 02/17/2004 ]   Cowboy Funk
[ 02/18/2004 ]   Brain Scratch
[ 02/19/2004 ]   Hard Luck Woman

Monk
[ 02/11/2004 ]   Mr. Monk and the Missing Granny
[ 02/13/2004 ]   Mr. Monk and the Captain's Wife

Most Extreme Elimination
[ 02/12/2004 ]   Outdoorsmen and Educators
[ 02/14/2004 ]   The Monster Special
[ 02/15/2004 ]   Cable TV Workers vs. White House Employees
[ 02/15/2004 ]   Wedding Industry vs. Trucking Industry
[ 02/15/2004 ]   Cows and Cars
[ 02/15/2004 ]   Cops and Cons

Anyway - it will also do a channel listing and dump all the mythsettings to
the console if you want.  Could be useful for debugging or something.

Anyway, I'm trying to add the schedule to it (same as mythbackend
--printsched) also.

Lemme know if your interested and I will write some docs and post it back.  If
there is a feature you thing would be helpful let me know and maybe I will
write it in if I can.

I'm thinking next of something that would only email you if something new has
been recorded since the last run...  That and a general report on drive
capacity, last filldatabase etc...

I love mythtv...
--

Bill