[mythtv-users] Hard drive recommendation

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 07:59:01 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 18:48, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Chris Petersen wrote:
>
> >>Look into the Barracuda 7200.7 line...
> >>

> >Speaking of which, I think there is a deal for one of these listed at
> >techbargains.com right now..   $130 or so for a 200G drive.
> >

> I've got the 200gb 7200.7 in my main Myth box.  It's hot, but I've never
> heard it running, not even during boot up.

Yeah, I got one of these a little while back via the rebate CompUSA was
offering ($100 after rebates), and I was quite surprised & impressed at how
quiet it is.  I can never hear it running at all, even when there's a lot of
disk activity.

I hear the Barracuda V is even quieter, if that's possible.

-JAC