[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase --file and xmltv IDs

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Feb 21 02:07:47 EST 2004

HI!

I have already searched Google and the archives and tried everything but
I don't get it right.

I have an XML file with EPG data of 7 days.

After mythtvsetup (cleaned channels), I ran:
mythfilldatabase --manual --file 0 7 epgfile

During this, I entered all required information for all channels.

Then I ran mythtvsetup to correct the channel IDs. I had entered them
right, but they were equal to the frequency numbers! I also chose the
VideoSource.

Now I have a guide for the next 7 days and I can watch TV.

But when I run:
mythfilldatabase --update --file 0 7 filename

I get lots of "Unknown xmltv channel identifier" messages.

When I look in mythtvsetup, the xmltv IDs are there and they are OK.

I fear, if I run it without --update, it will duplicate all my channels.

What can I do? (I am using myth 0.14).

Thanks!

Thomas