[mythtv-users] ATI All-in-Wonder

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Feb 20 17:17:27 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 12:24, Phill Wiggin wrote:
> Oh, for crying out loud, people!  I said _some_ ATI cards worked! I
> didn't say "Mine should work since the TV Wonder works!".  I completely
> realize this old card isn't a TV Wonder; I was just having a hard time
> pulling up relevant spec's.  Give me a break, I asked a simple question,
> not wanting to assume something that I had no proof about.  I don't
> think I deserve the "You're a schmuck" treatment.

You asked if an AIW would work, even after seeing a very specific statement on
the MythTV site saying they don't. Yes, you found reports about TV Wonder
cards working, but they're irrelevant when you're talking about an AIW. This
question has been asked on the list over and over again, and the answer is
always no, an AIW won't work. I even recall seeing technical details on why
that is the case, both on the list and on the web.

The "You're a schmuck" treatment, as you call it, stems from a lack of
patience on the part of people fed up over rehashing the same repeated
questions that have already been answered. Nobody is here to hold your hand,
nobody has to be polite, nobody is required to answer your beckon call, but
generally, everyone is very cordial and helpful. However, when you ask the
list something that has already been beaten like a dead horse, don't expect
warm fuzzies. At least you got an answer, and from several people to boot.

This is highly recommended reading:

> Phill Wiggin wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.  I'd seen several posts that talked about the TV
> > Wonder working, and others talking about the new ATI cards not
> > working.  So, obviously _some_ ATI cards worked.  I just wanted
> > clarification on whether the really old AIW had the same deficiencies
> > as the newer AIW cards.
> >

> > Thanks again for the reply (though I'd already seen that link).
> >
> > --Phill W.
> >
> > Tony Maro wrote:
> >>
> >> The MythTV system requirements located at :
> >>
> >> http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInfo
> >>
> >> specifically state it will NOT work with AIW cards.

- --
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/