[mythtv-users] Mythtvbackend crashes while recording

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Fri Feb 20 12:41:27 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 09:13, Jason Barbee wrote:

What model of Asus board & chipset. Remember the mythtv is a user space
program and therefor cannot crash your pc. I noticed that you have the
ivtv drivers, so I asume that you have either a pvr 250 or 350.

Is the pc a frontend/backend (stand alone) and can you ssh into it or
run mythtv in a window. ssh, or xterm, and do a

tail -f /var/log/messages

while mythtv is running. Try and reproduce the crash and look at what is
going on in the term that is tailing your var/log/messages. When the
crash occurs I believe you will see some errors relating to ivtv. Please
post them.

This will help to solve  the problem. Also bear in mind that in order to
get proper help you will always need to post you pc specs (chipset, mobo
model, etc.) along with you question.

Jayson Garrell