[mythtv-users] Problems with the media monitor

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 10:47:45 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 06:49, Kent Williams wrote:
> I've made sure that the media monitor is enabled in the setup, but
> when I insert an audio CD, nothing seems to happen (ie, it doesn't
> jump into MythMusic, etc)
>
> On the console I see things like:
>
> 2004-02-20 22:09:45 Media status changed... New status is:
> MEDIASTAT_MOUNTED old status was MEDIASTAT_OPEN"
> 2004-02-20 22:09:45 Posting MediaEvent
>
> But still nothing happens on the user interface side of things.
> Any suggestions?

I've got a similar problem... I haven't checked recently, but IIRC it
would also lock up mythfrontend.  As soon as I get a chance, I'm going
to update to current CVS (currently running from a week or two ago),
and if it still happens I'll have to run it through gdb.  I probably
won't get around to this for a while, though, as I'm building a new
box...

-JAC