[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Remotes

Colin Andrews mythd at headbonk.com
Fri Feb 20 01:19:45 EST 2004

Specifically the ones that come with the WinTV 401. I gather that
this tuner comes sometimes with the remote and sometimes with
just the IR receiver (correct me if I'm wrong here).

So I've scanned the list archives and I understand the IR
protocol that Hauppauge uses is only compatible with Philips'
remotes or universal remotes pretending to be Philips remotes.

So my question is really about how well the Hauppauge Remote
works with MythTv.

I can see that I have 3 options:
   * Get the version with the remote.
   * Get the version without the remote and get a universal
remote that can emulate a Philips.
   * Get the card but ignore the IR receiver that comes with and
go for a remote that works better with Lirc/MythTv (suggestions
welcome).

Any opinions? ;^)