[mythtv-users] niggling ui issues

cvertesi at indiana.edu cvertesi at indiana.edu
Thu Feb 19 02:24:41 EST 2004

Finally, it looks like my shiny new Myth box is in good working order.  I still
have a couple of small issues with MythGame and MythMusic though:

1 - Is there any way to change the playlist order in mythmusic?  When you select
songs for the playlist, it seems to just take them in alphabetical order.

2 - my mythmusic freezes when I hit fast forward or rewind (pgup or pgdn).  The
music continues playing, and about 30 seconds later, it will leap in the
corresponding direction and mythmusic will unfreeze.  Is there anything to be
done about this odd delay?

3 - Mythgame doesn't want to run any of my MAME games!  It works great for
s/nes, and it can list my mame roms just fine... But when I select one, nothing
happens.  I can't find any sort of log to tell me what's wrong, either.  MAME
runs great from the command line.  I've already checked (and triple checked)
that my directories exist and have good permissions.  Suggestions?

4  - Is there any way to sort items in MythGame by letter group?  I have amassed
quite a collection of NES roms, and it's pretty tedious scrolling down to the
"Z"s everytime I want to play Zelda.  I don't have any of the metadata
(category, year etc) in the roms, so those sorting options haven't helped.

Apart from those (admittedly small) quibbles, I couldn't be happier with my
MythTV box!  Thanks to all of you for a helluva great job!

Cam