[mythtv-users] Would like to use Myth CVS but never have...

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 18 23:52:59 EST 2004

I've downloaded myth tar balls and compiled, installed etc. but I've never
used a CVS version of anything really.

I looked at the instructions over here

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html

And it seems pretty simple but I have a question.

Is this going to be a good working copy?  Isn't CVS what the developers are
busy working on?  Does that mean some options etc. will only half compile or
stuff might be broken?

I saw on the list archives that duplicate episode recordings were fixed in CVS
and I'd like to get it now rather than waiting for 0.15.

Thanks for any pointers or tips.
Malcolm