[mythtv-users] MythDVD Rip/Transcode question

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Wed Feb 18 22:10:15 EST 2004

Hey gang, I'm trying to use the rip/transcode feature of MythDVD for the
first time and I'm running into a problem.  The process seems to start
normally, but before it completes, it quits.
In the frontend log I see a line that says:
    fileobs.o: Ripfile tried to write 399360 bytes, but only managed to
write 106495
And in the mtd.log file I see a line that says:
     Error: Couldn't write blocks during a rip. Filesystem size
exceeded? Disc full?

So, it certainly seems like I have a disk problem, but I have 27.5gb
free on my storage disk, which is using EXT3 as its filesystem. So I'm a
little confused.  I guess the other thing to note is that this storage
disk is an NFS mounted device.  I use this for all my myth storage
including live TV without any issues.

I'm betting I'm missing something obvious.....can someone please point
out my stupidity here.

TIA
Mike