[mythtv-users] Making TvOut fit HDTV...

alanb at starband.net alanb at starband.net
Wed Feb 18 21:00:40 EST 2004

If I'm running MythTV things fit okay with some tweaking.

I've been trying to get the output to fit my HDTV when I'm not running
MythTV. I want to use the same box to do some development on. So when I'm
running KDE under FC1 my output is about 10% to big around the whole
screen.

I've read about this being the way the output is sent to eliminate the
black borders. I tried tweaking my XF86Config file by using different
values in the modeline attribute.

I figure I can reduce the output by 10% or so and get the output screen to
fit inside my HDTV and not be oversized.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I don't mind reading up on
this but I'm not sure where the best resource information is to be found.