[mythtv-users] dedicated database box

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Wed Feb 18 18:48:01 EST 2004

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but a search didn't turn up
any thing useful. I have a pc on my lan that I use for a dedicated
databse pc, running mysql. I would like to have it store mythtv's mysql
stuff on that box and not my mythbackend ( like it currently is).

 My current myth setup is, on one  Frontend/backend, and one Frontend.

Is it even possiable to have a pc that doesn't run myth, not even
installed, to handle the database functions for myth.

Jayson G