[mythtv-users] Control Sky & NTL boxes

mythtv at mattn.com mythtv at mattn.com
Wed Feb 18 15:01:39 EST 2004

Just thought I’d share this with you guys.

For anyone not brave enough to build their own IR cable I recently
brought this

HYPERLINK
"http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial/index.html"http://www.redremote.co.uk
/serial/index.html

to control my NTL digital (apparently does sky digital too) box. Works
great, dead easy to setup as you can download a simple linux driver and
the tell mythtv to use this to change channel.

I have written a small script so that when mythtv starts to record
something it turns my NTL box on, turns the volume up and then changes
to the correct channel.

The cables a bit pricey but all this took only 30 minutes to setup –
unlike the rest of mythtv  ;-)

Matt

---