OT: Re: [mythtv-users] Power Heat Noise

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Wed Feb 18 13:20:01 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Tony Maro wrote:
> Lance Tost wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Juha Pahkala wrote:
> >
> >>I was wondering if I could install a XP2000+ Thorton (supposed to be
> >>133/266MHz) on the existing motherboard or would I need a new
> >>motherboard for that prosessor? I suspect the heat produced by the
> >>prosessor and hence the noise could be considerably smaller?

> > This is really not a topic for this list.  Go to amd.com and see if you
> > can find an answer there.
>
> I would think heat and noise would be a significant topic for MythTV
> users.  This isn't a developer list or a debug list.  The subjects all
> say "[mythtv-users]" and most users are concerned with these two things
> (heat / noise)

Asking if a specific motherboard will accept a specific CPU is in some way
related to this list?

I'm thinking of buying a larger television.  Can you tell me if it'll fit
into my entertainment furniture or do I need to buy a new one?  Oh, and
this for my mythtv box so that makes it pertinent.  Thanks.

> And on will it work, if the FSB is supported by your board, I can't see
> why there'd be a problem.  Worst case you might have to download a bios
> update... that assumes it's a decent brand board.

Tell me again what the paragrah above has to do with mythtv?

I have to sort through enough mail on this list already.  I don't want to
be sorting through general hardware and linux questions.  There are
resources for those questions, use them.  You'll probably get more/better

Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>