[mythtv-users] Re: Half Height Video Capture Cards

Jason Livingston dergibjl2-nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 00:10:38 EST 2004

In Japan there are several PCI Low Profile cards sold based on various
TV chipsets, such as bttv, saa7134, cx88, etc. There are also (at
least) two low profile cards which feature the iTVC16 chip (same as
WinTV-250), both made by Yuan and sold by various OEMs here. The older
card is supported by a patch to ivtv and seems to work, but is getting
hard to find here. The newer one is very interesting because its cheap
(about $130) and it also features extra chips for 3D Y/C seperation,
3/D noise reduction, and ghost reduction (but no remote or tv-out). But
the driver hackers don't have a working patch just yet (they say maybe
in a week or two). I sure hope they get it working. :)

For video & tv-out, there are many PCI and AGP low-profile cards
available based on the standard chipsets (GF4MX, Radeon9xxx series,
etc.)

Jason