[mythtv-users] Hardware explanations

Vincent K. Britton Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com
Tue Feb 17 17:41:13 EST 2004

Sorry about the GHz thing.  When I read the How-To it stated that you
need about 1 GHz per card to encode.  Obviously this wouldn't be the
case with the PVR250's as it has the onboard encoders!

An additional question that I came up with is how to control your
digital cable box for recording?  I have many channels that are only
available with digital cable.  I know you would have to use the
component or SVideo connections to record from this source but does how
does one turn it on and change the channel with mythtv?  Also does
recording from these sources utilize the onboard encoder of the PVR250?

Thanks again for you guidance!
Vince