[mythtv-users] what tv-out for beamer and high quality demand ? ur opinion

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Feb 17 14:28:51 EST 2004

Am Di, den 17.02.2004 schrieb Steven Cruysberghs um 22:27:

> > Okay, I read Steven's reply, and I now understand "beamer" to be a projector,
> > and not an automobile from BMW... =)
>
> I've always wondered where that word came from myself but people at work
> are using it too...  I always thought it had something to do with Star
> Trek and Scotty at first :-)

Well, it uses a "beam" of light to project the image :-)
I guess it's a german specialty, like "handy". An english sounding word
for a thing that has a completely different name in english. We even
have the german word "Projektor", but still most germans insist to call
the projector "beamer".

BTW, handy is the german word for "Mobiltelefon" or mobile or cellular
phone :-)

Sorry for being OT

<on topic>

use dvi or vga

</on topic>

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough