[mythtv-users] MythWeb::Music Rewrite - Submitted for your approval...

Steven Cruysberghs steven.cruysberghs at pi.be
Tue Feb 17 15:33:48 EST 2004

Op di 17-02-2004, om 20:51 schreef Chris Petersen:
> > Very cool. The one thing I personally use a lot is the genre part of the
> > id3 tag. I don't have nearly as many records as you do (only 2616 songs)
> > but I find that I like to listen to an entire genre rather than specific
> > albums.
>
> I'd have to vote for genre, too...  And would suggest a more
> itunes/rhythmbox interface if you're setting up playlists like that
> (although at last check, php had issues with multi-select values and
> wouldn't actually send the multiple values but would overwrite them)
>
> Just curious - where do you grab the songs from?  Did you create a
> passthrough link, or actually symlink the songs into the webdir?
>
> But seriously, this is awesome.  Especially if we could get it
> integrated with some kind of streaming server (how's the support for
> this coming in the backend?)....

Or you could do streaming by transcoding the music on the fly like zina
(another php music player) does. http://www.pancake.org/zina.html. It
also has custom and session playlists. Have a look at it so the wheel
doesn't have to be re-invented again... :-)
Just copy the files in a webfolder and create a symlink to your music
folder and you are set.

I remember the mfd developer once saying that streaming over the
internet with mfd/daap protocol would never be implemented (read
implemented as: save enough).