[mythtv-users] Power Heat Noise

Juha Pahkala juhis at trinity.is-a-geek.com
Tue Feb 17 14:21:02 EST 2004

This is all very interesting. At the moment my pvr machine has an old
1000 MHz AMD Thunderbird, which is quite loud so I suppose it consumes a
lot of current. The motherboard is MSI KT7 Turbo which supports 100/133
mhz clock. The computer is in a closet, and only connected to a tv and
controlled via a remote, but still a humming noise can be heard when
near the closet.

I was wondering if I could install a XP2000+ Thorton (supposed to be
133/266MHz) on the existing motherboard or would I need a new
motherboard for that prosessor? I suspect the heat produced by the
prosessor and hence the noise could be considerably smaller?

TIA, juhis