[mythtv-users] Myth backend - Dazed and confuzed newbie

Troy.Michaud at ctfs.com Troy.Michaud at ctfs.com
Tue Feb 17 10:59:58 EST 2004

Hi,

I must say, I love Myth...

I am nearly there with the setup, but have some silly things happening.

What I am running
AMD 2.0g
Redhat 9  kernel 2.4.22
Matrox marvel g400-tv

I am trying to use the g400 for capture and tv-out via frame buffer.

I followed many how-to's and here is where I am.

when I boot up I maually load modules :
modprobe -k i2c-matroxfb
modprobe -k matroxfb_crtc2
modprobe -k matroxfb_maven

I then switch the to tv:
matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 0
matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 3
matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -o 1 2

 ...and my TV displays my x-session!! life is good.

 When I then run iv4l1  I lose my tv out :(  and cannot get it back.
 Even more puzzling is when I then start mythbackend, I get live tv out to
 my tv, no menu, mythfrontend,  not loaded.

 FYI, If I switch modes back to matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 1 I can then run
 myth fine on my monitor.
 I am also trying to use alsa as described, but it is not all the way there
 yet...  :)

 Any thoughts?

 Troy Michaud