[mythtv-users] WAP support in mythweb

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Tue Feb 17 08:16:23 EST 2004

Has anyone gotten WAP to work on a normal cel phone with MythWeb?

I am using the OpenWave WAP simulator (since openwave is what my phone
uses and it's easier to use the simulator :)

I had to add OWG1 to the list of WAP clients to even get it to pretend it
was WAP, but then found that it doesn't seem that the WAP theme is
currently WAP compliant.

For instance, it sends back that it's content-type is text/html instead of
text/vnd.wap.wml.

I know that the wap stuff is new in v0.14, but is it so new that it's just
a plan right now?  or is my old Kyrocera phone just to archaic :)

All I want to do is be able to set up to manually record stuff from my cel
phone - don't wanna scan through the listings and everything.  Just want
to be able to hit record channel 77 from 10pm to 1am kinda stuff - an "oh
crap - my wife'll kill me if I miss this show for her" thing :)

I've have no problem writing this myself, I just wanted to make sure I'm
not missing anything.

Thanks!
	-Dan