[mythtv-users] MythWeb::Music Rewrite - Submitted for your approval...

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Tue Feb 17 01:19:56 EST 2004

I'm not an appliation developer, so I can't really contribute to MythTV
itself...but I can do my part for MythWeb ;)

I have pretty much completely re-written the MythMusic section of
MythWeb, and want to get some feedback...

Here's what works:

Music is Searchable, and Browseable. Each song is downloadable. Clicking
an artist gives all songs by the artist, clicking a song gives all
versions of song. Clicking an album name gives you a special "Album"
view, which includes track numbers, the album cover (fetched dynamically
and cached so it only has to look it up once), and a "Stream" link,
which generates an m3u file "on the fly".

The viewing is kind of geared towards the way I handle music, in that,
if I don't have a full album, I leave the "album" info in the id3 tag
blank. The interface then has a "Browse music by artist" link, which
gives stats on how many full albums/ total songs I have by that artist.

I am still coding, so there are some bug/design issues I AM aware of.
Also, when I make the code public, I hope to include playlist
editing/streaming.

Enough talking.. here is the link:

http://67.85.207.242:9001/mythmusic.php

This is my actual MythTV box, so be gentle :) ..I have disabled
everything except the music section for obvious reasons. I also disabled
the download/stream links...sorry guys, but I assure you, they both work
perfectly...