[mythtv-users] Question on loading ivtv module at startup

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Mon Feb 16 23:43:16 EST 2004

Wow, this whole mythtv is going awesome, and I am starting to get some
stuff worked out.  However, there are just some minor issues left over,
that probably have as much to do with my linux ignorance as anything else.

I am having some minor issues on running x through the tv using the
PVR-350, but I think this is a real trivial fix.  I have my XF86-Config
file setup properly (for the most part), and once all my modules are
loaded, everything works dandy.  But ivtv does not load up on start-up.
RH FC1 tries to load up x, but chockes because the ivtv module is not
loaded, once I do a /sbin/modprobe ivtv from the command line, i can sort
of hack my way into starting gdm.  How do I get it to load on a reboot and
on startup of the system (it is properly configured in /etc/modules.conf.

While I am at it, I may as well ask this also.  The tv-out pushes a little
to much info to the tv (the borders are cut off).  I am assuming this is
also easily fixed.  Do I want to modify my XF86-Config file on this line:
Modes "720x480"?
and just adjust it to 700x440 and see if that does better, or is it
somewhere else I should be tweaking?

So far, this is absolutely sweet.  I can't wait to get my windows box back
up running, set up a samba network and share all my music through the LAN.

Gabe