[mythtv-users] WinTV 250 pvr

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 16 19:42:58 EST 2004

On Feb 16, 2004, at 15:36, Mike Diehl (Encrypted email preferred) wrote:

> On Monday 15 December 2003 03:45 pm, Wayne Hogue wrote:
>> Get the 250.  The quality is outstanding.  And since it is hardware
>> based
>> encoding, it uses almost no CPU.  In fact if you have an otherwise
>> obsolete
>> computer laying around, you can use it with the 250 and have the
>> backend
>> run on its own computer doing the recording in the basement.
>
> So what is the difference between the pvr250 and the pvr350?

This is a question that has been answered a quarter of a billion times
before on this mailing list. The answer is easily obtained with a
Google search, a mailing list archive search, or a visit to the
manufacturer's web site. Please put in some due diligence and try to
find answers to things on your own before asking the list. The first
link in my signature is an excellent reference on this matter.

That said, the primary difference is basically PVR-250=mpeg2 encoder
card, PVR-350=mpeg2 encoder and decoder, along with TVOut.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/