[mythtv-users] HTPC Case

mian mythtv at mian.net.au
Mon Feb 16 17:35:03 EST 2004

Cool will have todo some reading later, I still find Intel runs cooler
overall, had a dual Celeron 500 which averaged 29C, The P4 Celeron
averages around 35C with fans on lowest speed, typing this on a
watercooled AMD currently sitting on 35C but its an old Tbird, most
friends have newer AMD's, including the XP 2000+'s and higher and their
temps range from 42C upto 60+C, not sure on the cores though but that
would have to be a major turn around for AMD if lower wattage == lower
temps and theirs == lowest of any CPU.  The theory on the wattage does
make perfect sense but still, I think I'd want to see a real world test
before choosing it for silence.  I for one hope AMD does do it though, at
the moment they cop alot of foot warmer/heater jokes.