[mythtv-users] Re: mythbackend crashes / watchdog

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Mon Feb 16 16:56:03 EST 2004

Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2004 07:44 am, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has anyone developed a script which would start mythbackend and
>> automatically restart it when it crashes? And keeps the coredumps?

> That's a _much_ better idea than getting backtraces and reporting them
> properly!

Is there any particular reason that you seem to think it's necessary to respond
in such a cynical manner to nearly every question?

The fact that the original poster wants to keep the coredumps leads me to think
that he may want to send in the backtraces (why else keep coredumps?!), but
also that his priority is in keeping the backend running so his recordings
happen.  What's so improper about that?

Sigh
Gavin.