[mythtv-users] PVR-x50 to DVD in realtime?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Feb 16 13:47:15 EST 2004

	Although I hate to say definately "no," to anything, I believe the
answer is a definative "NO."  Although the stream can be DVD compliant WRT
bitrate/resolution/audio, etc a DVD has a very rigid file structure.  In
addition to the mpeg streams, there are header files (.IFO's) that describe the
disk offsets, menus, etc, etc, which I don't think could be done on the fly.
Even with the DVD+RW format, I don't think think it could be mastered and
written in real time.

	I would think that the ability to *post-process* and master them later
wouldn't be that hard... probably soon to come to mythtv.

-Cory

 On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Oxygen wrote:

> IIRC the pvr-250 and pvr-350 output fully DVD compliant mpeg2, im wondering
> if theres any way i can reccord directly to dvd so as soon as the recording
> is over the dvd is also done (so the stream never goes thru the hard drive).
>
> Is this possible with myth? If not with myth, would it be possible to do it
> manually?
>
> TIA,
>
> Oxy.

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*