[mythtv-users] Voodoo3 3500 TV? anyone?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sun Feb 15 18:19:24 EST 2004

John Kuhn wrote:
>> Not to mention that I've discussed my 3500 TV card right here on this
>> list - so he didn't search the archives very well either ;-)
>

> its a  wonder why people get intimidated to post to lists like this

Well I was smiling when I typed it, even if that didn't come across...
No intimidation intended.

> thanks for the info.. i had planned to use the S-Video out of the card..
> if its poor quality.. not sure i should bother.. i was given to me.. and
> like any good geek i wasnt going to turn it down :)

Hehe, that's how I got mine, too.  Your milage may vary and who knows it
might just be that my TV didn't like it, but I found it to be...
strange.  Kind of like there's grey vertical lines between each scan
line.  But the composite out works great except for the lack of overscan.

If you end up not using the tuner in it, look for another TV out card.
The dongle is kind of cumbersome.  I built my Myth box out of spare
parts initially, but quickly found I loved it enough to start buying
real parts for it.  Next will be a TV out card.  I bought a case last
week so that it doesn't need the power supply hanging outside the case
anymore... lol.

-Tony