[mythtv-users] HTPC Case

Nowhere nowhere at cox.net
Mon Feb 16 02:51:35 EST 2004

Well the Coolermaster ATC-620 comes with no powersupply. You don't get
much quieter than that! You can put your own in from someplace like
http://www.endpcnoise.com (Check out the Nexus PSUs). If you really want
to quiet thing up look into acoustic insulation, hard drive suspension,
rubber grommets for mounting case fans etc.

I have the Coolermaster 610 with a Coolmax 300W PSU (has a single 120mm
fan with 3 speeds). No northbrige or Graphic card fan and a single case
fan (forget the brand) with the Nexus CPU cooler from the above webpage.
Until you are within about 6 inches of the case in a relatively quiet
room you cannot tell if the unit on or off.

I had the luxury of building the system from scratch for this purpose
but I think the silence cost me an extra $45 over using all stock items.

So in long :), it isn't so much the case as what you put in it.

Shoot me a mail if you wanna chat more...

Eric