[mythtv-users] RE:lirc_init error running mythfrontend

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 16 02:31:38 EST 2004

On Feb 15, 2004, at 19:41, Jason Livingston wrote:

> Thanks Scott. However, right after installing the ATrpm custom kernel,
> I did almost as you described. Except I didnt make menuconfig after
> copying the config file into the kernel source dir, and I didn't run
> make clean. I just copied the config file, edited Makefile to remove
> "custom" from the Kernel string, and then did make dep. Do you think
> that forgetting to make menuconfig and make clean could have caused
> this problem? I'm unable to compile anything that relies on v4l or i2c
> without getting lots of unresolved symbols from those two packages.
> Thanks.

I haven't followed the entire thread, but I presume you're now trying
to compile lirc from source, against an ATrpms kernel. If so, you need
to patch the lirc source for i2c 2.8.0+ compatibility. Take a peek in
Axel's lirc srpm for other hints.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...